This position reports to the CTO.
The company is seeking a Sr. Engineer to lead the design and implementation of its mobility platform. As one of the early-stage members of the Engineering team, you will have the opportunity to build systems from the ground-up. Even though we are partial to languages that run on the JVM, we want an Engineer who is not constrained by programming languages, development paradigms and frameworks. Your responsibilities won’t be limited to just designing and implementing the code. You will also have a big role to play in defining the direction of our product. Our goal is to build an inclusive culture where everyone has a voice and you will play a key role in building and maintaining this culture.
- Architect, implement and maintain the services that make up the Metropolis mobility platform.
- Be a key part of the entire development lifecycle, including ideation and identifying requirements.
- Moderate technical discussions, evaluate new techniques and ensure our platform is constantly evolving and improving.
- Leverage best practices in automation testing and deployment to enable rapid iteration and launch of new features.
- Help build a culture where bugs and mistakes in Production are treated as opportunities to improve the platform via testing and refactoring.
- Be a key part of hiring the rest of the engineers and setting the culture with Metropolis Engineering.
- Ensure that the systems we build are highly available and scalable.
- Work directly with our partners and build solutions that seamlessly integrate their products with the Metropolis platform.
Requirements And Qualifications
- MS or BS in Computer Science or equivalent work experience.
- 7+ years of experience as a hands-on Engineer, with experience in high volume consumer facing applications.
- Hands-on experience with Scala, Java or other languages that run on the JVM is preferred but an excellent understanding of software engineering principles is more important than JVM experience.
- Proven experience building distributed systems using SOA, microservices and related technologies.
- Experience with large scale data processing.
- Experience working in an agile development environment.
- Hands-on experience with CI/CD tools and testing methodologies like BDD or TDD.
- Strong experience with database technologies, including NoSQL data stores.
- Strong experience with event driven architectures and related technologies.
- Demonstrated ability to attract and hire the best engineers.
- Hands-on experience with container technologies and infrastructure as code techniques would be a plus.
Attractive compensation and generous benefits package(100% Medical, 50% Vision and 50% Dental)
- Company 401(k) match up to 6% of salary
- Paid company snacks and after-hour meals
- Unlimited Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Gym reimbursement program
- 529 savings plan
- Commuter benefits