IT Support Engineer
If you have a passion for the future of mobility, including last mile transport, autonomous vehicles, vertical take-off and landing (VTOL) aircraft and their surrounding ecosystem, the Company provides the opportunity to join at an early stage. Upon emerging from stealth, the Company will quickly become one of the sector’s highest profile companies. Along the way, you will also partner closely with some of the tech sector’s most influential and successful investors, building a portfolio of intersecting business verticals in technology, real estate and mobility services.
Position Overview and Responsibilities
This position reports to the CTO.
The company is seeking an IT Engineer to implement, manage and monitor the mission critical systems and networks that powers its computer vision technology. This is a critical role that will be responsible for the successful day to day operations of the company’s systems nationwide. The IT Engineer will work with the CTO to plan the rollout of new systems and ensure that these systems and networks are designed and implemented in a way that ensures high availability and reliability. This role will also require you to be in the field to troubleshoot issues with our installations, as and when needed. Even though being hands-on and tactical is a big part of the role, you will work closely with the CTO to come up with strategies for the hiring and training of new team members, the IT roadmap, tracking of issues and ensuring that our systems are built to evolve and respond to the changing product needs. Our goal is to build an inclusive culture where everyone has a voice and you will play a key role in building and maintaining this culture.
- Architect, implement, maintain and monitor the systems and networks that power the Metropolis mobility platform.
- Work with the CTO to build a world class IT support team.
- Proactively manage and track issues and be hands on to solve issues that may arise in the field.
- Leverage best practices in networking to ensure high availability and reliability.
- Build escalation plans for critical issues.
- Build reports that track the health of the network and identify areas for improvement.
- This role may require some travel to locations where our systems are installed in order to troubleshoot issues.
Requirements And Qualifications
- BS in Computer Science or related major.
- 5+ years of experience as a hands-on IT Engineer, with experience building, maintaining and monitoring systems and networks in high volume consumer facing applications.
- Must have strong hands on experience with technologies like: DNS, DHCP, VPN, TCP/IP, routing protocols and switches.
- Strong experience with implementation of network software, ensuring timely hardware/software upgrades and tools that report on the health of the network.
- Demonstrated ability to attract and hire the best IT support staff.
- Experience with IoT devices, especially IP cameras would be a huge plus.
- Experience with building out IT infrastructure for new offices or retail locations and experience with point to point wifi networks would be a huge plus.
- Industry certifications would be a plus.
Attractive compensation and generous benefits package(100% Medical, 50% Vision and 50% Dental)
- Company 401(k) match up to 6% of salary
- Paid company snacks and after-hour meals
- Unlimited Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Gym reimbursement program
- 529 savings plan
- Commuter benefits