This position reports to the CTO.
Metropolis is seeking a Data Engineer to lead the design and implementation of its data platform. As part of an early-stage team, you will have the unique opportunity to build the company’s data-driven culture. You will be responsible for the implementation of the systems that collect, transform and store data. You will use machine learning and statistical techniques to generate insights from data. You will own the development of visualization tools and lead the creation of dashboards that track KPI’s. You will own the data pipeline and ensure that the processes that move and transform data are resilient. You will leverage your expertise to scale the data infrastructure as we grow. This is a unique role that will require you to be technical and build a robust data pipeline in addition to having strong business instincts that will allow you to create reports and present insights to the leadership team.
- Own the engineering infrastructure that would be the foundation of the Metropolis data platform.
- Work directly with the CTO to help manage data visualization tools currently used by the company and recommend solutions for the future.
- Make key build vs buy decisions that combines the best solutions available in the market with in-house systems to deliver timely, fast and accurate reports.
- Work directly with key stakeholders within the company to understand their data needs
and build data pipelines that would power our analytics infrastructure.
- Set and maintain appropriate SLA’s that ensure that dashboards and key reports are always available.
- Perform statistical analysis of product data to help the company make data driven decisions.
- Set up processes and monitoring that tracks the accuracy of the data.
- Interact with the application development team to ensure that the needs of the data platform are always in the forefront as we build our platform.
- Moderate technical discussions, evaluate new techniques and ensure our platform is constantly evolving and improving.
- Be a key part of hiring the rest of the engineers and setting the culture with Metropolis Engineering.
- Ensure that the systems we build are highly available and scalable.
Requirements And Qualifications
- MS or BS in Computer Science or equivalent work experience.
- 5+ years of experience as a hands-on Data Engineer, with experience in high volume consumer facing applications.
- Strong understanding of data analysis techniques and tools.
- Experience with data visualization techniques and software like Tableau or Looker.
- Experience with large scale data processing and strong understanding of database architecture principles and ETL tools/techniques.
- Experience with data warehouse technologies like AWS Redshift, Snowflake, Teradata would be a huge plus.
- Experience working in an agile development environment.
Attractive compensation and generous benefits package(100% Medical, 50% Vision and 50% Dental)
- Company 401(k) match up to 6% of salary
- Paid company snacks and after-hour meals
- Unlimited Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Gym reimbursement program
- 529 savings plan
- Commuter benefits